Would you like to join Offenburg's Graduate School in the international Master's degree program Biotechnology (MBT)?
And, do you meet all the requirments listed?
Then you are very welcome to apply for MBT through our online application system HISinOne
In case you encounter difficulties in entering your data, do not hesitate to contact the program coordinator.
Application deadline for the winter semester:
- For applicants who need visa: March 31st
- Exceptionally, and if there are still places available, applicants not requiring visa for Germany may apply after this deadline. As the HISinONe list is no longer accessible, please contact the MBT program coordinator directly.
There are 20 places per academic year.
After the first selection process, you will be informed if your application has been short-listed, in which case you are invited to send your complete application documents by postal mail.
We kindly ask you for your patience.
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in biotechnology or related area, such as bioengineering, bioprocess engineering, biochemical engineering, chemical engineering (focus biotechnolgy), industrial biotechnology, environmental biotechnology or food engineering. If your Bachelor's program includes less than 210 ECTS credits, it is possible to complete the missing credits here at Hochschule Offenburg before starting the MBT program.
- APS (only for applicants from China and Vietnam)
- Academic excellence: You should be among the top-third graduates of your institution.
- Proof of English proficiency, for example TOEFL [550 and higher (PBT), 213 and higher (CBT), 79 and higher (IBT)] or IELTS 6.0 and higher (does not apply for native speakers).
- Willingness to integrate into an international environment in which different cultures, ideas, perspectives, and approaches will be encountered.
As the learning and teaching language of the study program is English, German and/or Polish language proficiency is not required. However, knowledge of either or both of these languages is highly recommended for life outside the classroom.
If you plan to pursue a doctorate or work in Germany after receiving your Master's degree, good knowledge of German will be essential.
How to apply
Your application must be entered online through HISinOne before March 31 for the following winter semester.
Due to the large number of applications that reach us every year, a two-part application process has been introduced.
Apply to the program using our online application system (HISinOne).
The selection committee will then screen your online application. If your application has been short-listed, you are invited to send your full paper-based application by postal mail.
If you are short-listed and send your paper-based application, please include the following documents:
- Print-out of the application form generated by the online application system HISinOne
- Certified copy of Bachelor's degree (translated into English or German)
- Certified transcripts of records (translated into English or German)
- Proof of English proficiency (see "Application Requirements")
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of motivation (explaining why you want study MBT)
- APS certificate (for Chinese and Vietnamese applicants only)
- Passport photograph
- Copy of your passport ID page (with picture, your name and date of birth)
Please promptly send your application package to the program coordinator after being invited to do so.
Letters of admission will be sent as soon as the selection commitee has reached their decisions.
In case you require a visa, you are strongly advised to start the visa-application process immediately. It might take up to four months to receive your visa.