Applicants should meet the following requirements or their equivalents:
- Academic Excellence: Your Bachelor’s final grade should be above average
(B or better, 3.0 or better, ... )
- English language proficiency, approved by TOEFL PBT 550,
or TOEFL iBT 79, or IELTS 6.0 (does not apply for native speakers)
- German language proficiency (see note below): level B1 of the Common European Framework of References for Languages (does not apply for native speakers)
- A bachelor of science degree in either Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering or Energy Engineering is recommended
- Willingness to integrate into an international environment in which different cultures, ideas, perspectives, and approaches will be encountered
- Readiness to attend German language courses in order to better learn about German culture and daily life in this country
An important note regarding the proof of your language skills:
It is not required to prove your English and German proficiency at the time of application - your application will still be taken into account by the Selection Committee regardless of your language skills.
However, it is absolutely essential to prove your language skills BEFORE starting the study program in October.
Should you be selected for the program without having submitted any language certificate yet, your admission will be provisional – and turned into a final admission only after providing the missing documents (by the beginning of October the latest). If by the beginning of October these documents are still missing, your admission will not be finalized and you won´t be enrolled in the program.
Thank you for your interest in applying to our Master's degree Program Renewable Energy and Data Engineering.
Your application for the winter semester should be entered online through HISinOne
- before 31 March each year (for applicants requiring visa)
- before 15 July each year (for applicants who do not need a visa)
Please be aware, that until October 2020, the program is still called Power and Data Engineering.
Therefore, if you are a European Citizen and still want to apply for the winter semester 2019/20 please choose Power and Data Engineering in our online application system.
Due to the large number of applications that reach us every year a two part application process has been introduced.
Apply to the program using our online application system (HISinOne). The selection committee will then screen your online application.
Within four weeks you will be notified as to whether or not you have been selected to provide a complete application. We try to make our decision as quickly as possible to enable students, that are not chosen to participate in Part 2, to pursue other opportunities.
Thank you for your patience!
Part 2 applies when you have been invited to send your completed application documents by mail (post).
In this case you will be invited to send a paper-based application. Please print out the form generated in HISinOne, attach your recent picture, sign it and include the following documents:
- Certified copy of Bachelor's Degree (translated into either English or German)
- Certified transcripts of marks (translated into either English or German)
- Copy of TOEFL test results (institutional code: 7087)
- Proof of German proficiency level B1 (Goethe Institute, University, language school etc.)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of motivation (explanation why you want to study RED)
Before mailing your application, please be sure that you have completed and signed the application, added a recent picture, and included the other required documents in a single envelope (no folders or extra covers). Please send the envelope to us at the following address:
Offenburg University of Applied Sciences
Graduate School - RED Office
If your paper-based application has been finally admitted, we will contact you within eight weeks after deadline.
Please note, that we do not send back any applications. Therefore, send just certified copies, no original documents!